What To Do If You Are In An Accident
When you are in a car accident, it is important that you immediately begin the process of dealing with the matter and filing the appropriate claims. This process begins the moment after the accident.
What To Do If I’m In An Accident
1. Exchange all information possible — Collect their driver’s license, insurance and registration information, as well as any pertinent identification. Also, make sure that you have the correct license number, as well as the make and model of the vehicle.
2. Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, let the police know that it has occurred and file any necessary reports.
3. Do not speak with the other party’s claims adjuster — It is important that you never speak to any insurance or legal representation of the other party until you have spoken with your own attorney about your rights and the details of the accident.
4. Call your own insurance company — Notify your insurance company of the accident immediately and take the steps that they advise as quickly as possible.
5. Do not argue at the scene of the accident — While you may be trying to clear your good name, you may accidentally say something that could cost you later. Say as little as possible until you have spoken with your representation. Never say that you were at fault, even partially, for the accident. Never discuss fault until you have representation.
6. Do not say that you weren’t injured — Even if you do not feel pain in the time following the accident, never say that you were not injured. Merely state that you don’t know and wish to first be checked by a doctor before you can say. Adrenaline often masks pain. Also, injuries may not evidence themselves until later. Saying that you were not injured can cut you off from money to treat those injuries.
Always make sure that you have up-to-date proof of insurance in your vehicle, as well as current information and driver’s license.
Hamilton County Car Accident Attorneys
It is important that you contact a skilled auto accident lawyer as quickly as possible following the collision. At The Law Offices of Arnold S. Levine, we will gather the information we need to help you recover the damages you deserve.
We take all cases on a contingency fee basis: We don’t get paid unless you do. Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, we cover cases throughout Ohio and Kentucky.